the freedom to explore and learn
For children everywhere, life experience is an essential part of setting them up for the future and making them more resilient. The only way to learn through experience is to get active and involved, without worrying about the dirt or mess. Getting stuck in helps kids build the confidence to take on whatever life throws at them.
Learning by experience is fun for children and it’s good for their health. But more than that, it is a vital part of child development. Persil supports children in getting the life experience they so critically need through positive messages and fun, practical advice for parents.
Parents instinctively know that their children need to learn things for themselves. They let children play, explore and try things out. Persil encourages families by spreading the message that ‘Dirt is Good’ through all of its communications. It supports this by highlighting the everyday learning that can take place indoors and out, and sharing ideas and inspiration to spark creativity and adventure.
The brand’s recent activities around the launch of the ‘whatever life throws’ campaign put resilience and confidence at the heart of its message:
- The launch of the campaign was supported by the ‘One Mighty Night’ event, where parents were encouraged to let their children experience an adventure by camping outside in their back gardens for a night during the summer holidays.
- As the campaign developed, Persil launched Be Mighty stories – four personalisable online books that make each child the hero of the story as they explore common challenges children face. From climbing a tree to starring in the school play, these positive stories emphasised the importance of trying new things and being a great friend.
By encouraging acts of independence and giving children a relatable focus for their everyday concerns and ambitions, Persil supports the message that it’s crucial to give our children the space they need to explore their world - whatever life throws.
Would you like to get involved?
Giving children opportunities to learn through experience is crucial for their development. Parents know that children need to spread their wings, but they are also naturally concerned. Give kids a chance to explore and experiment gradually by trying out one of our great activity ideas – designed with fun and learning in mind.
- Encourage the kids to camp out in the back garden or even the living room, and practice collaboration, creativity and communication.
- Create a character for a Be Mighty story and talk with children about what it takes to face challenges head on.
- Embrace mess, because Dirt is Good! Getting muddy and splashing in puddles are all learning experiences and great fun – grab your wellies and let your kids lead the way!